Thursday, May 31, 2012

Mountains - Yea

Had it all mapped out and ready to leave Augusta, GA by 9am. Seem to be getting up later each day.
Last night I was searching the Deal's Gap area of NC looking for a reasonably priced motel. Use to be one in Franklin, NC that I got the last time I was up here for $35 or $40. It's now $65. Happened on the Deals Gap Motorcycle Resort http://www.dealsgap.com/index.html , at $65 total cost. Because of  there cancellation policy, I decided not to call and reserve until I got to Franklin, just in case it rained or something. Bad choice, as when I got to Franklin, there was no Boost wireless coverage. I tried a pay phone but that didn't work either. So what to do - it's still 55 miles to the Gap, it's like 2pm - decided the best is to stay in Franklin tonight, go to the Gap tomorrow morning (weather permitting).
Unfortunately this joint cost me $65 even with a senior discount.

Aren't many pictures today - the ride was to fun, and it required all my attention.
My route today http://tinyurl.com/breyhmq was one of the best I've had to date. Little traffic, great scenery, lots of hills and curves.
 Again neat little towns along the way. Lots of hills and curves.


First true sighting of the mountains. Expand the picture to get a better look.

I had really good Mexican food yesterday and probably the worst tonight at this dump accross the street from the motel. This little town has more Mexican restaurants than most towns have Chinese.

Hopefully the Gap tomorrow.
You ought to hear the snyed(sp) remarks my little SYM is getting. Just wait!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Don't forget to buy your Deals Gap "Dragon" tee shirt and license plate frame.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be there with you. This is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete