Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Dragon wins

Sorry folks, no internet access last night. The great Deals Gap Motorcycle Resort is a nice place, good rooms, nice grounds, and a nice big pub/restaurant, but no internet. Every time  I used my computer on the benches outside my room, people would be asking if there was internet service - guess we've forgotten that we can do things on the computer that don't require  the internet.
I left Franklin with some scattered showers in the area hoping I could avoid them. Only caught the slightest of sprinkles, not enough to worry about. I did call Deals Gap Resort from the motel before I let and got the last room they had available, but only for Friday night.
After I got to the Resort and got signed in (but not checked into the room - check-in is 3pm), I decided to run the Gap, 11 miles north then back. Most of the way there was a slight drizzle, until I got within 2 miles of the Resort when it really started to rain. Tops of my pants got wet, and my jacket got well soaked. Not long after getting back it started to rain quite heavily, lasted for about 2 hours before it finally cleared up. Had lunch, dried out a little, and got my room during the rain.
Since it cleared up, with the sun shining again, I took another run at the Dragon. No cops so I really let it hang out (speed limit on the Dragon is 30 mph), hitting some of the curves at 50 mph. What a delight.
At times there must have been 200 or more bikes here, usually in groups ten or so. Seems there are many cars groups come here from everywhere (one group I remember had Indiana plates).
Got quite a few shots for you today, but almost none of the really exciting parts - they require my full attention of course. I need to upgrade my camera equipment to mount on the scoot or helmet. A video camera would be great. Of course the best solution would be a lovely young lady (young at my age is anyone under say 50) Slim (weight counts), small breasted (large makes for to much distance between rider and driver), can live out of a small bag (can't have to much luggage), and of course not be to hung up about sleeping together. Any volunteers, the benefits are great.
The route http://tinyurl.com/breyhmq

















.

1 comment:

  1. Nice trip Jack! Wish I was up there riding with you. Keep up the great blog.

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete