Sunday, June 3, 2012

4 states - 2 twice - 312 miles

What a beautiful day, sun, and some incredible roads. Left Deals Gap Resort at 9am after a nice breakfast. Rode the Dragons Tail north one last time (makes 3 north and 3 south total). Up to hwy 411, then over to TN 360, down to the Cherohala Skyway. The Skyway is a fantastic road, curves, hills to 5800 feet (if memory serves me right), with a speed limit of 55 mph. That puts you in Robbinsville, NC (about 18 miles south of the Gap), and roughly 100 miles traveled. From there I retraced my route to Augusta, Ga. Long days travel, but 2 thirds of it was in the mountains, absolute spectacular riding.
The route http://tinyurl.com/7wuk6b4








Hope those came out alright, service here is terrible, even in the morning.

The morning portion of this ride was cold cold - could have used my long johns if I still got them. I had my winter gloves on , my hoodie (without the hood), scarf, and it was cold enough to have to put my face shield down.
Not real sure where I'm going now - only heading back, more on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment