Monday, May 28, 2012

And it Rained and it Rained

The heaviest rain and wind happened overnight, although it really didn't amount to much. Constant rain up to about 10am keep me at the motel. Got a chance to spend some time talking to my neighbors in the room next to mine. Penny is here because her mother is having some operation done in some hospital nearby. Joe is a friend of her's, nice enough to take me out for coffee this morning. Of course the three of us talked about my scoot, Penny wants to get one, Joe already has a Goldwing motorcycle.

During a break in the rain, I headed off to the restaurant for breakfast, the down to the Train Platform.


Notice how many different shipping companies the are, seems like twice what I remember seeing from before




First time I have seen these cars on the end, no idea what they for.

 Five engines on this train of over 125 cars, something like 8500 ft long - over a mile and a half long.


 These are rolls of steel rod.

New automobiles in these.

 Plastic pipe.

 Cute little Haley and her dad - they where still watching when I left at 8pm.

  Amtak is so fast they are a blur.

I tried to capture some of the art work.

The day was spent moving about between rain showers, breakfast to trains, trains to motel, motel to dinner - you get the idea. Managed to stay dry though.
Lot of interesting people in this town, including other Georgia folks visiting. My observation - very few overweight women, fewer overweight men, women do a better job with appearance (makeup and dress maybe).
I'm sitting here thinking how easy it is to be pretty much myself around strangers. And realizing how that is much less true around people I know. I've got to view my friends more like I do strangers - ie be myself - forget about my image - forget about what they might think of me.

On the road tomorrow - no, you'll have to wait till tomorrow to find out where I'm going.

Please comment - good and  bad - or just to let me know you're reading.
Click comments to add your 'comments'.

No comments:

Post a Comment