Friday, May 25, 2012

Finally on the road, 224 miles in 8 hrs. Other than stopping for gas and pictures, plus a 20 minute break in Titusville, that's some of the best none stop riding I've done. I did use my Airhawk seat (kind of air cushion). OK, here's the route traveled today http://tinyurl.com/cd962ko .
Here are some of the pictures I took today.
This church always has some interesting message, some better than others - this is not their best, but it'll do.
It's about 6:35am, the best time of day in my opinion - about 72 degrees.
First stop is the Flashback Diner in Stuart - I have breakfast here about once a week. The cashier and all of the customers had lots of questions about my trip, my scoot, and me. At 6:45 there aren't a lot of customers.
I have always had to chuckle over this sign inside - Good Morning , Let the Stress Begin.
This is along River Road above Jenson Beach - That's the nuke plant in between the palm tree V, middle of the picture.
 GPS says I'll get to Titusville at 11am if I keep moving and don't make any stops.
Most of the roads from Vero Beach to Palm Bay looked like this, straight and no traffic.
 May only rest stop at a Sunoco gas station in Titusville. A bit warm here, but heading toward the coast and cooler air.
This ride through the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge is really a delight, lots of wildlife.
 Refuge info
 Riding these back roads gives you these out of the way gems.
A little town in the middle of nowhere.
 Volco Rd., a two mile stretch of gravel road

Love these back roads.
 The south end of Airport Rd goes thru the Venetian Bay community. Divided road with a 45mph speed limit.
First nights rest at a Scottish Inn in Omond Beach. Bob #2 and I where here two weeks ago for a four scoot club ride on the Daytona Loop. Shiftless Scooters hosted, 7-Bridges out of Jacksonville, St. Petersburg Scooter Club, and my club, the www.meetup.com/Palm-Beach-Scooter-Club/ .

Not a very exciting day. Kind of a dull post. Sorry.

What was interesting to me was how my emotions where bouncing all over the scale, from really sad to quite happy. I suppose my decision to finally terminate my outstanding problem plays a big part in today's emotions. (you folks in my Thursday and Saturday groups know what I.m talking about.)

I sure hope my life goes in a little better direction soon. This so far has been one my most depressing years.

Tomorrows ride should be really fun. Going up along the coast - taking a ferry to GA - and some interesting cross country to Folkston, GA.

Click the comments below to write a comment.

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures. I am looking forward each day to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that I will be able to make a ride like this later maybe next month. I have been afraid to make a trip by myself, but I find your example to be inspiring. Be safe and keep rolling!!

    ReplyDelete