Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Some thoughts and musings on this trip

I'm at the end of my second day traveling home - in Lake City. I have been following US 90 from New Orleans to this point. It's the route I took home after I bought the scoot in New Orleans, about this time last year. Most of the Mississippi portion is right along the shoreline, which makes for a nice view, but is often very windy - makes for a sandblast job on whatever you're driving.


This time of year, it's to hot and muggy for my liking. Route US90, while inland, is a lot cooler surprisingly. Most of it contains forest land, tree covered, which makes for the cooler temps I believe.
The first half of the drive today was in the mid 90's, which was alright, really. But going thru Tallahassee, the air temp gauge on the scoot got all the way up to 113 degrees at one point, never did get back below 100 degrees for the rest of the trip to Lake City - just downright uncomfortable.
OK, back to the burlesque show. Lets see if I can get a few videos in here.




Here's a video of a portion of one riders Gymkhana run.

New Orleans has some of the greatest architectural styles in my opion. There are some random shots I took.





 A lot of the buildings are in this style
 Large shade trees are many.


 Two things you don't have to walk more than a couple blocks for are parks and churches.



One last though is the St. Vincent Guest House I have been staying at. Today it rents rooms with private baths and dorm rooms of all sizes. It also is a Hostel (look it up). Originally it was an Orphanage (for boys I believe), but note the inscription in the picture below.

The end - one more days ride home.
I hope you enjoyed - thanks for reading.
Jack Watson - Navigator Jack to my Palm Beach Scooter Club members - OneEyedJack to my modernvespa.com friends - and just plan old Jack to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment