Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Funs still on

Day 5, Friday June 17

As I said earlier, I took the scoot to the Vespa Dealer, first thing this morning (10am), to get the air cleaner remounted. I promised Marie at the dealer that I would buy one of the tee shirts she had left over from last nights party, if she would get me in first thing, and she agreed. Doing this service, meant that I would miss the mornings ride - a 29 mile ride of the various New Orleans neighborhood areas. But I did get a chance to do the ride latter in the afternoon.
When I left the Vespa dealer at 11:30, I went back to the room, unloaded my computer, picked up my GPS and headed of to "Rock 'n Bowl" where the rides would end for lunch. Got there just before the riders. We had lunch and free bowling till late afternoon.
Sorry for the blurry pictures.







Check out the scooters - click on pictures for full size picture.
I left after an hour or so and went on the neighborhood ride by myself. Sorry didn't take a lot of pictures on the ride.
In the Cit yPark near Lake Pontchartrain.



 Note how high the water is in this canal.



Later at 7pm to 10pm they had a private party with burlesque provided by the Fleur de Tease at The Howling Wolf. It was a lot of fun, lots of hollering and shouting and drinking. Sorry the pictures are blurry, not much lite, and they are always moving. Again, click on pictures to enlarge.







Day 6, Saturday June 18th

Started this morning off picking up goodie bags for all my no show friends - three in all. After a little breakfast, it was time for the "Scooter Concours de Elegance and vendor show"







There were several vendors also (don't know why I didn't take any pictures) - Southwest Motorsports - Pirate Upholstery - Kymko Scooters - Genuine Scooters - Geigo just to name a few.

Tonight's venue is the Awards Banquet and "best of Cajun and Creole cuisine"

No comments:

Post a Comment