Sunday, June 12, 2011

The day before - June 12th, 2011

I think I have everything ready for the ride to Amervespa in New Orleans. Ruffly 800 miles, we'll do it in three days.
Ok, lets back up a little.
Who an I ? Just a 69 year old man that happens to love riding his Vespa scooter all over the place (18,000 miles this year). I live in Jupiter Florida with my brother Jim. I retired a couple years ago on a dime and a nickle, but I'm not complaning, life is good. I belong to a scooter club - Palm Beach Scooter Club (PBScooterClub.com) - and am the route planner/ride leader, hence the name Navigator Jack.


Here's the planned route for day 1 - tomorrow Monday June 13th, 2011 - http://tinyurl.com/6fs8uda

My friend Mike, a fellow club member will be joining me. We'll get going about 8am from Jupiter and hopefully get to Fanning Springs before 6pm - about a 300 mile ride.

Here's a picture of me leading one of our rides - that's me on the yellow vespa.
That's it for today. hopefully we will have internet service tomorrow night.

1 comment:

  1. Earth to Jack:

    Where are you?

    Lower your standards a bit and visit a McDonald's (free wifi).

    If we don't get a report soon, we will call out the PBSC posse and Janie, Renata, Gregory, Rose and I will come looking for you.

    Let's have a report........

    ReplyDelete